This « new house » concept of Lindab has arrived in La Réunion (France).
Thanks to Lindab Builder Bâtiment Métallique Réunion (BMR) the first phase of this project for social housing, with 300 individual houses having 2-6 bedrooms each, can be developed. Builder BMR immediately considered the use of steel frames to realize this project. Lindab answered the challenge by using the new concept of Lindab Construline building that offers the following advantages:
• light structure calculated according to the standards effective in La Réunion,
• the building parts are factory prefabricated,
• simple and quick erection due to preassembly on the ground and no need for cranes,
• flexible architecture allowing designers to respect the local traditions,
• real comfort due to the perfect thermal insulation and acoustics,
• conformity with the new environmental regulations (RT2010).
With coloured wooden facades and cassette walls this building is a good example of the combination of traditional and modern styles. This new, economical, fast, flexible, easy and environmentally friendly concept has attracted people’s attention. As far as BMR is concerned, this new construction procedure is a great plus in enabling the company to conquer new markets.